Saturday, January 24, 2009

"Tribute"


I have finished my Shrine piece to help raise money to educate the street children of Oaxaca. 
Here is the link to tell you more about this event.  This shrine will be part of an online auction, happening in March 2009. 
The rules were:  
"One cigar box, a willing heart, favorite art supplies, and an afternoon changing the life of a child".

So here is the cigar box that I began with....
I took a brass "Lady of Guadaloupe" from my treasure stash, found in the magical town of San Miguel de Allende.  I embellished her with antique beading, brass wings, abalone shards and rhinestones.  And placed her inside of a Shrine created with abalone shards, tiny sea shells, antique netting and rhinetones....


Here is a link to the Cigar Box Shrine Gallery so you can see other Shrines that will be auctioned for this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment