Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Prince and I on a ride of emotions...

I am learning that this experience isn't just a noun labeled "heart attack"....but much more a verb....a journey.  A journey with waves of fear, sadness, hope, patience, confusion, hope, laugher, exhaustion, hope, anger, frustration, hope, gratitude, peacefulness, 
panic, relief, joy, hope, trust, surrender, fear, hope, fear, hope, fear, hope.

My prince had his triple by-pass open heart surgery yesterday and he came through it just wonderfully.  His sister, her husband, two of our daughters, and our newest grand baby Kenley....and me, all followed him into the operating room. 
hope, laughter, trust, fear, hope

Then off we went into the infamous waiting room.  Waiting...waiting...waiting.....
hope, fear, hope, trust, exhaustion, confusion, hope

The doctor finally came out and told me that he did very well....his heart has enlarged some
( not too sure what they means yet ) but everything went well.  
Relief, gratitude, joy

Then I went into the recovery room.....
panic, fear, confusion, apprehension, agitation, hope

My Prince had tubes everywhere including a breathing tube stuck down his throat.  
But the worst was to see him so vulnerable, frightened and fragile......his body supported by machines.  We stayed until we were sure he was stable and sleeping and are getting ready for our journey back to the hospital this morning.

And through it all I have had the experience of connection and being held in the invisable arms of energy, positivity, and love.

Gratitude, thankfulness, appreciation, surrender.


No comments:

Post a Comment