Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Blessings Abound!


We are resting and recovering, my prince and I. 
It's been a week since his heart was exposed to air and eyes and hands and magic healing touches.
  
After staying in my jammies until 3 PM, I dragged myself up off of the couch, left my prince sleeping in our bed, and decided my big activity for the day would be walking down the lane to our post box.
  
You came to my mind....and so I grabbed my camera...just in case I found something that caught my eye that I wanted you to see too....
and immediately I went from feeling lethargic and passive to inspired and excited.

Here's what I saw on my walk down our little dirt road....

Our street sign at the corner of Honokawela and PahiPahialua Streets.  
How about those names!


These flowers are called crown blossoms and they make beautiful leis...
and the monach butterflies love to eat these leaves and build their cocoons on this bush.  
I'll keep watching their development and will share their growth with you.



It's so thrilling to watch transformation take place on this little bush, along this little road, on this little island, in the middle of the pacific ocean.

Along the road to the mail, I see such abundance.......big lemons....

Sweet papayas.......

Yummy coconuts......

Would you like a lime with your......


.....guacamole?

How about some kumquats...?

Would you like a banana?

and let's decorate our table with beautiful ginger flowers....


and bright poinsettias.....

Here I am....at my number 6.....let me unlock the door.....and peek inside....


.....a package for ME!   Wow!!



Angela Harris has sent me the "One World One Heart" gift that I was so lucky to win when I visited her blog!  Oh!! Lucky me!!   
I have won fabulous crepe paper fills.... and she has wrapped them so very beautifully!  
And she has include a most charming tag with a heart on it!

My day of the blahs has transformed!   I am reminded that blessings abound!

Mahalo Angela!!  This is just what I needed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment