Sunday, November 2, 2008

Wonderful Wire Whimsies...






When I was in Paris this summer, I saw some really fun wire hanging wire sculptures of ladies, in one little cafe.
I couldn't wait to experiment with this technique.
I love that the black wire takes on a look of a black pen and ink sketch....a doodle, almost....which adds to the light hearted whimsey of the piece.

A little wire whimsy "wabbit" was born of that inspiration, and I have just put together an online class to share how to create this fun piece. You can check it out at That Creative Place.

It took a while to figure out what was the best wire to use, and how to make this work, but I love the results.

On one of them I used old French music sheets for the costume, and I've used old journal pages too, but you could use anything. They are quite addictive!

I just finished making a little dog...in a tutu. It turned out really cute, but I can't get it to show up well in a photo.
These aren't easy to photograph.

Now I have them hanging all over my house.
My husband isn't so pleased because he keeps running into them, since they hang from all the ceiling fans.
Oh La La!








No comments:

Post a Comment