Monday, September 27, 2010

We Can Have Better Dogs with Better Lives



I believe we can have better dogs with better lives.

I believe we need something different.

The old way is clearly in collapse.

Here in the United States, AKC registrations have plunged 60 percent since 1995.

In Canada, the Kennel Club continues to teeter on the edge of insolvency.

I do not know how we will get to this new place with better dogs with better lives.

But I know why we will get there, and we must get there, and to do that we must put dogs first.

Not profit.

Not fundraising. 

Not registry.

Not philosophy.

Not ribbons.

Not owners.

Not ego.

Dogs.

Of course, it's all crazy talk until someone starts something new and others follow.

But do I think the time is NOW?

Yes I do.

The time is now to put dogs first, because the dogs deserve better than what we have done so far.

There is a void.  It is only a matter of time before it is filled.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment