Thursday, July 8, 2010

Small Smooth Worker Wanted


I am starting the hunt for a SMALL working Jack Russell terrier.

The word here is SMALL. SMALL. SMALL. And with a small chest. Did I mention small??

Looking for young smooth-coat, 11-inch bitch or dog from working stock.

Would prefer a dog, but.... I am not so crazy as to think a young 11-inch dog from working stock is actually out there.

Chest measurement is my #1 issue, and so the dog in question needs to be over 6 months old so that I have some idea of what is going on regarding size. Under 18 months old is strongly preferred as well. NO puddings or dwarves! I do not care what registry (if any), but I am a stickler on chest size and a working background.

I am in NO HURRY. I may still be looking for the right dog 6 months (or more) from now.

I keep my dogs for life, love them to death, and work them as they should be. The right dog is worth waiting for.

My dogs are house raised -- there are no kennels here. The back yard is large and interesting, with two other terrier friends, squirrels in all known flavors, and a small pond with fish and a few frogs.

If you know someone who has a small terrier from working stock that might fit the bill, let me know.

Rescue or rehomed dogs are always considered. Actually, they are preferred if anything is known about them.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment