Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Another full day in the studio

For many many years I have practiced listening to and following my intuition....if I have a "sense" or thought about a certain direction, I don't question it. This means that my creative path takes me places that I never would have followed if I had put thought into it. And often, as in this case, a lot of the detail gets hidden in newly inspired layers. The french journal pages and the Reiki blessing symbols are barely seen now, but I like the mystery that this adds to the piece. You are required to spend some time looking in order to see what is there.

Today, since I had grout left over from grouting 3 new Reiki paintings I took the grout and applied it on her head piece and in areas on her gourd body. Then I mixed up some paints and did a thin wash of color over those areas....adding purple, plum, blue and grey washes. I then worked on her arms, covering them in antique blue silk velvet and attached them to her torso. Then I added some cool metal leaves around the edge of the gourd.
I'm rather exhausted...but in a very satisfying and spent way.







No comments:

Post a Comment