Friday, January 8, 2010

My shadow found me......

Today my shadow found me working on my mushroom. It had been cold and grey, but I bundled up and went out to apply some more glass....... and out popped the sun!
It glittered and glistened on my glass and I am in love with the way this mushroom is turning out! The lumps and bumps that are caused by the underlying oyster shells and cement add a wonderful movement to the surface.
But I am all too familiar with this stage of falling in love with a project. It happens most of the time. I begin a piece of art work and I can literally feel the moment and the sensation of tumbling into love. It becomes the best piece I've ever done! I'm sure it's worth a million dollars!
And then......then I complete it....... and I hate it.
And then after a couple of days my eyes can see the truth of the piece and most often I like it a lot but I am well aware of it's value. LOL
So with my mushroom, after being very frustrated with my attempts, I am happy to report that I am in love. However, this mosaic of glass is to be grouted....which can change....and will change the whole affect.
But that's part of the fun of creating.
Balancing on the edge of love and hate. :)

Do you ever feel that way about a creation?



No comments:

Post a Comment