Sunday, June 7, 2009

Down to the River Below My House


I decided to go fishing in the river below my house.


The old stone stair case down the cliffs is collapsing and almost gone. That, paired with a pair of sandals on my feet (why didn't I wear boots?), almost cost me my life as I tipped ass over teacup backwards, falling 12 feet onto sold stone.

The good news is that there was no serious damage other than a buggered knee and elbow. I will survive, but my knee should be pretty swollen tomorrow. The sign, by the way, is on the bottom of the cliff, not the top. Brilliant!


Here's another rock and dirt slide a little farther along.


Pearl with the river behind her. With all the recent rain, the river was too muddy to fish, but I practiced casting for a few minutes anyway. Things will settle down in time.


Pearl at once of the waterfalls along the cliffs.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment