Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Holbox Island, Mexico

Buenos dias, mi amigos...

My family and I are in Mexico right now, staying on a beautiful island off the coast of Cancun, called Holbox Island.
There are 17 of us, including our youngest daughter's in-laws. 7 little goddesses and 8 adults.
We had to fly from San Franciso to Los Angeles to Mexico City to Cancun. From there we got on a bus for 2 hours and then at
10 PM we boarded a boat to finally reach our destination. What an adventure!

It is so beautiful here. The water is truly turquoise and the sand is white and fine. The sky is bright blue with big white puffy clouds. We walk miles collecting beautiful sea shells.

We are in heaven, for sure. What a wonderful way to end the year and to begin 2009.

The internet connection is not so good here, so I can only share one photo with you today.
This is what we came across on our beach walk yesterday........a dolphin skull...! Wow!
I so wanted to bring it home with me....but I held myself in check and left it where it belonged....resting on the white sand....on the deserted shore of this island.

No comments:

Post a Comment