Thursday, October 2, 2008

A tale of a tail.....

I love walking the beach here with the intention of gathering inspiration and I am always gifted with great finds.
The little puffs of hair on The White Rabbit's forehead, feet and his tail are actually bits of a delicate white coral that wash up on the beach. I've dried it in the microwave and preserved it with Powertex ( which is like Paverpol ) and it's just the perfect touch.
Wait till you see the fabulous scarf the he will wear too.....found on the beach...

Today in the studio there was a lot of waiting for glues and sealers and crackle glazes to dry......so I started a new piece.

Here in Hawaii I have no distractions and so I get to be in the studio every day....unlike when I am in Calif. where there are so many distractions and I never seem to find much time to create. So I really value my time here and I sculpt each night so I have something to work on in the studio during the day.

Tomorrow I think the The White Rabbit will be done.....I'm a little sad because it's been so much fun being with him every day.







No comments:

Post a Comment