Thursday, August 30, 2007

Schutzhund with Jack Russell



This is not only funny, it is actually a very good demonstration of the trainer, because getting a Jack Russell up to this level of command-and-control is not easy. It helps quite a lot that schutzhund channels the dog's natural energy and prey drive, but still ... real applause for the trainer (for both excellent training, great humor, and real imagination), and a couple of milkbones to Mr. Murphy the Jack Russell for the work itself.

A small not about attacking Jacks: most aren't going to bite your padded arm -- they have a habit of removing the lower lip from humans (this is true).

A hat tip to "aky3" who sent this clip to me; I could not reply to you through Youtube because the security on my computer would not allow it, and I am not smart enough to figure out a workaround on it (I would ask my Russells, but they are outside).

.

No comments:

Post a Comment