Sunday, May 23, 2010

Quick Update

I will write in more detail, hopefully soon. I just have not had the energy as of yet.

The stem cell transplant (day 0) went smoothly and I have been recovering since. Not unexpected, I was running a fever in the clinic on Friday and was admitted as an inpatient at Smilow. I've received some blood transfusions and have been getting Neupogen shots every day to help my blood counts recover later this week.

I am very exhausted, not able to eat much, and not able to have visitors besides my immediate caregivers (Craig and the 'rents) or leave the room. My blood counts are nonexistent so so is my pep. However, I am very positive and hopeful for a full recovery. It is anticipated that I'll start to make a turn around on Wednesday (Day +8). Until then, I'm digging deeper and deeper and keeping my focus on a healthy, new start.

Thanks for all the positive vibes and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment