Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Stimulus Package



My new boiler was installed yesterday. Total cost $6,680 including old unit out, new unit in, and same-as-cash 12-month financing.

This unit was made in Germany and installed by two recent immigrants and one made-in-American.

I think that little story tells you everything you need to know about the current economy.

This is a fine boiler, I am sure, and seemed to be expertly installed by folks who were competent and extremely nice, but I am not sure what part of this purchase helped the American economy.

I am told this country is down to one maker of cast iron furnaces and that they did not make a size that fits my capacity needs (yes the company that did the installation did sell those made-in-America furnaces as well).

Bottom line: Even when you want to buy made-in-America by Americans, it's nearly impossible!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment