Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Today's progress.......

Today the White Rabbit got his fur, and Alice got a home....thus the name "Wonderland lies Within"

Now as the apoxie sculpt cures over night I have to decide whether to make him a jacket out of fabulous handwritten French journal pages from 1880! or create a different kind of costume. I'm leaning towards using the French journal pages because they are so amazing!! I have used them on the bottom of the piece and then gave them a crackle glaze and an antique wash.
They are from a journal that I found at a Paris flea market and the handwriting is so beautiful. Evidently it was a business journal of some one in the antique business and he lists what he sold by date and by description. If only I could read French!



No comments:

Post a Comment