Monday, December 3, 2007

Camera Trap Wildlife in the Rain






It was raining yesterday, and again early this morning, but not enough to discourage a small parade of wildlife from coming to my front yard. The rain actually makes the pictures look kind of magical. I can hardly wait until it snows!







I am still having some operator error with the camera. I need to put the food back a little farther to avoid glare, and I also need to figure out how to turn off the date-time and I apparently have managed to get AM and PM confused. There is a learning curve!





I have already learned one thing with the camera trap -- blue jays like kibble dog food! This fellow was banging down a whole piece of Purina, never mind the sunflower seeds all around him. Blue Jays are very aggressive birds, but quite lovely I think.








Here's my friend, the raccoon. I have a small parade of raccoons that have come to the yard over the years, and I think they are less territorial than the fox are.

From display behavior on another photograph, I this raccoon may have met the fox at the feeder -- the clock times also suggests this was happening. The fox seems to have come, departed, and come back again, with the raccoon in the middle part of the visits.


.
Thanks to Chris for photoshopping the date out
of one of the fox pics, and making it clearer too!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment