Saturday, July 7, 2007

Got the New Computer Up


Woo-woo! No sticking, rebooting, dead stops, etc.

I have been working with an antique computer using Windows Millennium and doing my web pages with FrontPage 97. I am now out of the Dark Ages and into the light, and with good virus protection too. I have to transfer a bunch of stuff from my old machine to the new one, but I am hopeful that will work pretty smoothly. This new machine comes with an enormous Hard Drive too, so hopefully I will never have to dump good picture files again.

Update: I 've got the data transfer going, but apparently this takes a looong time when you have as much stuff on the ol' hard drive as I do. No matter -- I can watch TV and go for a coffee while it grinds away. The down side is that I may be on "dial up" for a couple of days until I get it all sorted out, so if you have sent me an email, give me a couple of days to respond. After I get the stuff transfered and backed up on the new machine, I will look into adding the old computer's hard drive to the new computer if there is acutally a slot in the new machine for that. My fear of doing such a major "head transplant" on the front end is that I will screw it up and lose everything and have no data backup at all. Right now I am sticking with what I know how to do -- copying files from one computer to another.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment